The All Wales Therapeutics and Toxicology Centre (AWTTC) continues to be part of the expanded international collaboration. In September 2022, AWTTC announced an international collaboration with colleagues from health technology assessment (HTA) agencies across the UK, Australia and Canada.
This collaboration has been extended and now includes:
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH)
- Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland (Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) and Scottish Health Technologies Group (SHTG))
- Health Technology Wales (HTW)
- All Wales Therapeutics & Toxicology Centre (AWTTC)
- Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS), Quebec
- Pharmac, New Zealand
Building beneficial partnerships with international HTA agencies supports our ambition to continually evolve by using shared opportunities and challenges to develop new approaches to HTA. Collaboration on three priority areas is planned for 2023/2024:
- Feasibility of work sharing to support HTA decision making
- Horizon scanning to identify and prepare healthcare systems for the opportunities and challenges of the future
- Supporting awareness across the group of the science and methods projects agencies are undertaking and to embed collaboration into those projects.
Further information on the collaboration can be found on the NICE website at: International health technology assessment collaboration expands | News | News | NICE